The second of two 5-day workshops that include more than 16 hours of Instructor Led Training, Hands-on Labs and 32 hours of Assessment learning labs including instructor time and feedback to provide student mentoring and support.
- Included with this Cisco certified class you will receive access to your personalized learning portal so that you can easily refer back to your class activities and assessments. You have access to your learning portal for 18 months. Only Cisco certified workshops provide you with this access.
- With this class, you receive the Cisco 360 Exercise Workbook and Reference Library.
This course is designed to be attended by students who are in the final phase of preparation for the Routing and Switching CCIE lab. CIERS2 provides an intensive hands-on experience that is centered around performing four full-length CCIE level labs and one 4 hour CCIE style lab.
By performing five graded assessment labs on five separate days, this course will allow the students to establish a trend of performance that will allow them to determine their level of readiness to attempt the actual CCIE lab.
The course will also allow each student to refine their end-to-end exam test taking strategies and methods by applying these strategies and methods to five consecutive labs on five consecutive days. This involves refining both time and stress management techniques.
After performing each of the five graded assessment labs delivered in this course, each student will receive detailed feedback on every section of the lab. This feedback will include a detailed web-linked score report:
It will also include a split screen interactive Mentor Guide:
This Mentor Guide will allow each student to compare the final state of his or her pod with the output generated by the master answer key scripts.
Five Days Course start time is 8:30 AM daily. Since this is a CCIE level course, it should be expected that daily course time will continue into the late afternoon and perhaps into the evening as well. Course time that extends into the late afternoon and into the evening will be primarily dedicated to hands-on lab assignments. Therefore, students may have the option to perform these hands-on lab assignments inside the classroom as well as from home or a hotel room. On the last day of class, the course will end between 4:30-5:00PM.
This course is for technical professionals who are in their final stages of Preparing for the Routing and Switching CCE lab. Students enrolled in this course must possess a solid understanding of the core technologies encountered in the Routing and Switching CCIE lab. This includes: Frame-Relay, Catalyst 3560 baseline tasks, OSPF, EIGRP, RIPv2, Route Redistribution and BGP.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Read through an entire full-length CCIE level lab and identify the tasks that one can easily perform.
- After performing all of the tasks that can be performed in a given CCIE level lab, the student should be able to list and prioritize the remaining tasks; and perform them in the order of the choosing of the student.
- Develop a well defined set of rigorous verfiication methods of specific technologies as well as a set of inter-related technologies.
Attend Cisco Advanced Workshop I (CIERS1) or equivalent; or record a strong attempt at the actual Routing and Switching CCIE Lab.
To locate Cisco courses that cover the listed prerequisites, go to the Cisco Training & Events web page found here
The course outline is as follows:
- Course Introduction: Review the general Cisco 360 Problem solving approach
- Module One: Perform first full-length graded assessment lab and participate in the post-exam review and discussion.
- Module Two: Perform second full-length graded assessment lab and participate in the post-exam review and discussion.
- Module Three: Perform third full-length graded assessment lab and participate in the post-exam review and discussion.
- Module Four: Perform fourth full-length graded assessment lab and participate in the post-exam review and discussion.
- Module Five: Perform the final graded assessment lab (it is only 4 hours) and participate in the post-exam review and discussion.
When performing each of these labs, students are free to ask the instructor any question they like. It recommended to frame each question as either: (1) a CCIE proctor style question to emulate the actual CCIE lab experience or (2) a standard instructor style question to maximize the learning and knowledge transfer experience.
- Module One: CIERS2-GA-LAB01 -8 hours/15 topics; Level of Difficulty: Moderate
- Module Two: CIERS2-GA-LAB02 -8 hours/16 topics; Level of Difficulty: Difficult
- Module Three: CIERS2-GA-LAB03 -8 hours/14 topics; Level of Difficulty: Difficult
- Module Four: CIERS2-GA-LAB04 -8 hours/14 topics; Level of Difficulty: Moderate
- Module Five: CIERS2-GA-LAB5 -4 hours/7 topics; Level of Difficulty: Easy
The following minimal topology is required to perform the Frame-Relay Lesson Module's hands-on technology focused labs.
In the Three Phase CCIE Preparation Process recommended by the Cisco 360 Learning Program, the Advanced Workshop I course should be attended during the very end of Phase Two or at the beginning of Phase Three. This course should be taken by a student that has become a well developed CCIE candidate. Such students need to undergo a refinement and consolidation process as they approach their actual CCIE lab.
Class hours for this class run from 8:30 AM to 7:00-9:00 PM in the evening. Class ending time varies upon the pace of the class. Class ends on Day 5 at 5:00 PM.
- Expose the students to a series of graded assessment labs to see what consistent analysis methods they use in each and every lab.
- Expose the students to a series of graded assessment labs that are significantly different from the perspective of Advanced Topics and IP Serivces
- Measure the students ability to accurately predict what points they expect to receive on a given assessment lab. If a student is unable to do this, then the student must spend more time learning how to verify each and every task performed.
Pre-Classroom Learning Activity
As a pre-classroom learning activity, it is highly recommended that students view the following video-on-demand sessions prior to attending this class:
- Perform at least five to ten full-length self-paced practice labs from the Cisco 360 Exercise Workbook.
- Perform at least four assessment labs.
Advanced Workshop 2 Outline
- Day One
Course Introduction and Review of Problem Solving Approach
Perform Graded Assessment Lab #1 (8 hours: a relatively easy lab)
- Day Two
Review Graded Assessment Lab #1
Perform Graded Assessment Lab #2 (8 hours: a difficult lab)
- Day Three
Review Graded Assessment Lab #2
Perform Graded Assessment Lab #3 (8 hours: a difficult lab)
- Day Four
Review Graded Assessment Lab #3
Perform Graded Assessment Lab #4 (8 hours: a slightly easier lab)
- Day Five
Review Graded Assessment Lab #4
Perform Graded Assessment Lab #5 (4 hours: a relatively easy lab — a confidence builder)
Review Graded Assessment Lab #5
At the end of this class, students will have established a clear trend of performance with full-length CCIE level labs. Students will also have established a consistent and proven strategy and end-to-end problem solving approach for any full-length CCIE lab. For post-classroom activities, students will be ready to perform a series of self-paced practice labs as well as additional graded assessments at a high pace.
For more information about schedules and registration for this course, please contact email@example.comBuy Workshop 2